I know many people have great friends, but I feel I have been blessed more than most. I have been best friends with the same 8 women since our sophomore year of college. Granted, I am not that old, and our friendship is a mere 8 years old, but it feels like I've known them forever. The 9 of us attended the same college (3 left early, but 6 of us graduated together and in 4 years!) and met our freshman year. We all joined the same sorority, though we weren't necessarily close at that time. By sophomore year, we lived in the same dorm, on the same hall, and all shared a bathroom. That's where it began.
We formed our "group" and have been stronger because of it ever since. In college, we were there for each other through new relationships, bad breakups, college transfers, parent divorces, family deaths and a few engagements. Since then, we try to see each other at least twice a year, and the group has had 7 weddings and 4 births (with another baby on the way). I matured from a child to a woman with these ladies and they can never really know how much they mean to me.
7 of us were able to get together for a quick reunion this weekend in Little Rock; Kristie and Rachel, you were dearly missed. We had so much fun just catching up, seeing each others' kids and signifigant others, then having dinner and drinking wine together. It was wonderful. I hope we always have each other. I love my BAS girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment