
Friday night, Ava and I met up with our friends Lisa and Abby Boatright to attend the LSU gymnastics meet. While we are interested slightly in gymnastics and have several friends who are former members of the team, there was ONE reason for going:
D-D-D-D-D-Dora! D-D-D-D-D-Dora! Dora, Dora, Dora, the Explorer! (Any of you with young children are singing the theme song in your head right now). Ava was NOT shy about seeing Dora at all! In fact, once we were in line, she raced past several other families and right up to say hello! Once it was our turn, Abby was not too happy to be quite so close to Dora, but Ava could not get enough. She actually asked where Boots, Tico and Benny (other characters from the show) were!
Sixteen thousand bucks a year for a private, liberal arts education, and you forgot the little upside-down exclamation mark before "Hola".
ReplyDelete(I don't know how to do it, either.)
Ha!! The look on Abby's face is priceless. Judah's not into Dora yet (although I've heard some neo-hippie twenty-something's enjoy the show just as much as kids do.
ReplyDeleteLook's like you guys had fun. There's no doubt that Ava is definitely not shy.
(Incidentally, George, I spent about five minutes this morning trying to figure out how to type the upside down exclamation. I couldn't figure it out either.)
Dora is creepy. I'm glad Ava is too young to notice her Sharpie colored eyes and creepy fingers. Poor, Dora. :)
ReplyDeleteLarger than life TV characters, especially those that are usually animated, FREAK my kids out if they come closer than 20 feet. We prefer to judge...er, admire them from a distance.
ReplyDeletei'm sorry but dora looks creepy. i'm going to have side with mags on this one.
ReplyDeleteenid