Several of our friends and family have asked about the newest addition to the Jones Family. So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce Katy, in all of her underbite glory! Isn't that "smile" the best?!?
Ryan and I found and adopted Katy at PetSmart five years ago, when we were looking for a dog for Mammaw. At the time, Mammaw was without a pet for the first time in 16+ years, so her grandchildren decided to give her a dog for Christmas. We fell in love with Katy (who was named by Mammaw, we think in "honor" of her mom, Grandma Kate!) immediately, and Mammaw was ecstatic to get such a sweet companion.
All we know of her history was that she was 1 or 2 years old when we adopted her in December 2004, and had been abandoned and possibly abused previously. She fit right in with our nutty family immediately. Mammaw was always gushing about how sweet and loving Katy was to her, how she would wiggle in to sit right next to her in the recliner, or how she danced little jigs on her back legs when she got excited. When Mammaw passed away, several family members offered to take her, and ultimately, Ryan, Ava and I got the honors.
We were apprehensive at first, because we had not had a pet in a couple of years. But it was pretty apparent from the start that Katy is a perfect fit! She is very protective of us, is extremely good natured, and basically never leaves my side. She waits on the bathroom rug for me while I shower, watches from my closet while I get ready, snuggles next to me on the couch to watch TV, and causes me to trip over her while cooking in the kitchen. But, she is perfect for us. And Ava loves her. Sometimes a little TOO much!
Anyway, meet our newest girl... Katy Bordelon Jones! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment