Sunday, July 12, 2009

Kristy

Kristy and I have been friends since I was a freshman in high school and she was a junior. I wasn't sure why someone older then me and so beautiful would want to be friends, but she was oblivious to what I thought were obvious differences between us. Later in life, when we were both still single, I often wondered why I willingly decreased my chances of attracting guys by going out with her. :)

We have been through a lot together and though we rarely see each other, every time we pick up the phone, it's like nothing has changed. We were even lucky enough to be pregnant "together", with our daughters born 8 days apart. She now lives in Dallas and I am in Baton Rouge and I miss her so much. As soon as I told her Mammaw died, she packed up her two children, left her husband at home and got to Bastrop right away to be with me. She also dropped everything 8 years ago to do the same when Pappaw died. She is a true friend, no matter the distance or time between us.

She is wonderful. And I love her.

Sophie and Ava are silly girls when they are together!

Sophia Katherine Armstrong and Ava Elizabeth Jones!

Girl time.

This is the face Kristy makes when she has to leave me.

1 comment:

  1. you're too sweet.. i have always been nothing but PROUD to be friends with such an amazing person. i never had a sister and you took over that role long ago.

    i'll love you forever, i'll like you for always..
    as long as i'm living, my sister you'll be.

    ILY

    ReplyDelete